Vision Training & Therapy
Vision Therapy comprises a series of individually designed activities for the eyes tailored for your child's vision needs with the purpose of improving overall vision.
Vision Therapy exercises are designed to:
• Stop them from skipping words or lines when they read
• Improve comprehension
• Stop Headaches when they read
• Stop confusing words with similar beginnings
• Help to reduce avoidance of reading
• Stop blurry vision when they read
• Help with problems copying from a whiteboard or another page
• Help to improve concentration when reading or studying
• Stop the tilting of the head or covering one eye when they read or do their homework
• Stop from getting in closer to the page when they are reading
Vision therapy is a series of eye exercises designed to improve the functioning and efficiency of the visual system. We start with exercises that are simple and fairly easy and then gradually progress to more challenging and complicated tasks. Each vision therapy program is individually tailored to meet the needs of the patient for the best outcomes. Vision therapy can be used to treat such conditions as convergence insufficiency, strabismus (eye turn in or out), amblyopia (lazy eye) and oculomotor dysfunction (tracking problem).
Many children diagnosed with ADHD, learning disabilities, autism and dyslexia have functional vision problems that interfere with learning and can benefit from proper treatment with vision therapy.
"But my child can see the bottom line on the chart..."
Seeing the bottom line of the chart is only one aspect of the complex visual system. In fact, it is not uncommon for children and adults to be capable of reading the eye chart but still have a vision problem. You can read more about this here. A behavioural optometrist performs a whole range of tests in addition to standard eye check in order to determine if a vision problem exists.
Most children do not know they have a vision problem, in fact, most adults don't either which is why a check is so important.
Have an initial consultation at our Browns Plains clinic, contact us online or call (07) 3800 1988 today.